Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Go with the Flow or Rigid Discipline?

Are you a "Pre-Planner" listing out everything and getting a sense of accomplishment with every last thing you mark of your never ending list? Or are you a "fly by the seat of you pants" kinda person... Happy go lucky , who always seems to just have things work out for you...no matter if you plan or not?  I am a planner in some ways and a non-planner in other ways. I can be a strict disciplined person in certain areas and in others I find it very hard to do.

 I have always associated strict discipline with disappointment. (My mind is messed up there I know!) It comes from many years of making a plan and then things not working out in the end. Sometimes things just don't go the way you planned them to go. Above all, I hate to disappoint someone else because of my lack of planning. So most of the time I plan, and plan, and make a list, and then lose that list, and then plan again and make another list, and check those plans, and so on, and so on..... It's stressful. I don't like it.

So...how do I get out of that rut? Pre-plan for things that I do have some kind of control over. Like my eating for the week. My exercise for the week. Because in these areas I was always a, "fly by the seat of my bigger and bigger pants kinda gal".... Not good! Planning makes you think about what you are going to take in. Plan on going to the local Farmer's Market on the weekend for the week...and take it home to pre-pair...clean, cut and put in bags or containers for easy fixing during the week ahead.

I have had a request to put some good recipes on the blog and I will soon! If any of you readers have a good healthy hardy recipe...please get it to me email DMKMiki@yahoo.com or leave it as a comment... with calorie and fat/carb count per serving would be great!

;) Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note... I love the encouragement!