Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

She SHOOTS.... She SCORES!!!!!

Here's another one for you..... (can you tell I loved hockey as a kid) "You will miss 100% of the goals that you don't take." -- Wayne Gretsky

I love that.... don't try-don't achieve. Try-do. Seems simple...Right.... It goes back to the journey of a thousand miles...begins with one step. I totally believe that the journey I am on, started with just ONE step. Period, end of story. It took me, myself and I...making the commitment of just that first step. I am here...I am on it... I have started... I am starting everyday...as if it was the first day...and am trying to not get side railed by other stuff. Whether it be just the junk my brain has been telling me for the last 42 years or the fact that in my mind and to my eyes the steps look un-attainable. 

Thinking of that..... I have been walking each night...and around our condo complex...it goes up hill during the first 50 yards or so... it gets your heart pumping and then the second half is down a bigger hill. I could go the other way..and take the big hill first...although I don't think my body could take it yet. I choose the smaller hill first... for now.

Have you ever wondered about people who climb Mt. Everest.... I wonder why they WANT to do it? As I stated before I get winded going up the short hill I do now. I can't imagine what it would be like to go up hill for days and days at a time...knowing that you might die in the process because of the conditions of the mountain and the cold... etc...

Wait.... I do know what's it's like.... It's like the battle I am on a mission of ....TODAY... a battle of not being able to see an end yet....but I will someday. An up hill climb...all the way to the top. You can't quit... just keep climbing.... The reward is GREAT if I just stick to it!

It's all ONE STEP AT A TIME!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Miki Love,
    So excited to be on this adventure with you. I'm so proud of you, and I know what an awesome God-story this is going to be, 'cause it's already amazing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note... I love the encouragement!