Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Out there...

What a cool thing it has become to be able to communicate with so many people via the Internet. I am consistently amazed by the amount of information out there on the web. (True or Not!?!) I know that we need to judge everything that comes before our eyes... I know it hardens your heart toward certain things if we allow those images into our being. As we are made, we remember images and thoughts and feelings that these things have over us...it effects us in even our chemical balance. We can use images to inspire us or to make us feel lonely, or even depressed. We release certain chemicals when we see certain things....like food we love on the TV, nudity, violence.... we can get addicted to anything. We as humans....our minds and flesh can become addicted to anything that we allow. In saying that, my husband is a huge fan of Law and Order...all of them. Death, rape, murder, incest and more is on every show. It's like looking at a car accident. You really don't want to see someones blood on the road... but, you look anyway.(I have made it a conscious commitment to just pray for the people involved and not to look at what happened.) It creeps me out to think that most of what they have on Law and Order is from the REAL news...happening in REAL life as we know it. There are really some messed up people out there in the world!

As I have said I am an artist. I feel that God has given me an ability to create art. I have not been using my gift for sometime and I know that I need to be creative everyday. I will get somethings done and post them here on my blog even if it's some older stuff I have done... loaded in pictures. I know that God cannot bless what we don't set our hands to do. I told my husband I need some inspiration... Images to create from... We are going to Taste of Missouri this weekend at the Botanical Garden and Shaw Art Fair...it is our yearly ritual...as this week marks 8 years of marriage for us. I will get inspired. I will draw! I promise! It is all about putting things in front of our eyes! I am going to do that this weekend. What are you going to set your eyes on???? Something to inspire? A book? magazine? Museum? Fair?

 Be creative....the world needs YOU to be creative! I commission you....GO CREATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note... I love the encouragement!