Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Big is Beautiful.... I firmly believe that!

I have been a large- sized lady my whole life.... And up until the last few years was firmly on the side of the fence that....As long as your a healthy large-sized person.... no one has the right to tell you how you should be.  I have faced a few medical issues in the recent past and my doctor is very sweet and tells me that I should work on my weight...but that these issues are on your family line...so it would not matter if you weighed 150lbs. or 350lbs. you would still have to face these same issues. I believe that to be true also. BUT!!!!!! I know what feels comfortable for my body and what does not. This weight is not comfortable anymore. I could not walk through the entire grocery store or walk the mall with out breaking out in a sweat. That is NOT healthy! I am on this mission to find out what is healthy for me? It may not be what is healthy for you.

I was a store manager for a large-sized women's retail company for 20 years and I would be the first to tell you, "If you feel beautiful....then you look beautiful!" And beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. The models that are on the shows...like Americas Next Top Model are not the norm...they are all 5'11" or taller and about 100 lbs. I don't think that they look healthy..and as most older models will tell you....during their modeling days they were not healthy. Why do we continue to support a model type that is not a healthy look? Most of them are beautiful but.....not healthy. We need to start supporting a self image that is the norm...I loved that Dove Soap Campaign that had real women in it. It made me buy dove products, just support the "real women" initiative.  So, all you men out there...continue to tell all the women around you how great that they look....everyday in every way! We need to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note... I love the encouragement!