Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

5 Karate Chops way down low....

As I lay in bed last night, after not sleeping to well for a couple of nights, my lower back was really cramping; I said to my wonderful husband- who always is so sweet to rub all of my aches and pains. "I could really use 5 Karate Chops...way down low." He being the gracious giver....comes a little closer and in his deepest voice says, "Karate Chop, Karate Chop, Karate Chop, Karate Chop, Karate Chop!" He is so funny...made me laugh out loud! Oh...the fun we have. He is silly! I love him truly!

Be careful what you ask for - cuz, sometimes you'll get exactly that thing! I asked God to help me with this battle of weight, and, if He would be so kind as to make it an instant miracle... I would be ever grateful.(We are so goofy sometimes...I know God laughs at us and shakes His head- saying, "Oh my creation- It is good!)) In the past, I have actually prayed for God to change my body chemistry. Mix-up my metabolism. Make my body a fat burning machine. Make it like someone who was born into a thin family, with thin genes. Make it like a body builder who burns calories at such a high rate that they can't take in enough. Make it work...different.... I had actually heard of a church that people whom were over weight were going in and losing 100 lbs in church... a IN YOUR FACE MIRACLE! I would ask Him...why not me God... I have been good. I had also toyed with the idea of a weight loss surgery. (I have never even had stitches- but I was willing to go under the knife because I can't control my eatting?- That's nuts!) Plus, I have friends that have had it done and almost died from it.(I love ya Vick- and am so thankful you are still here with us! God answers prayer!) So far Gods answer to me has been...you have feet and legs that work...I made them...now you have gotta take the steps.

 Happy Friday all...We have made it through another week together. I had a few minor set backs this week. BUT, I am here standing and it's FRIDAY!!!!! I am amazed since leaving retail for a cube job...what Friday really means. I always would hear others say..."I am so happy Friday is here!"- I didn't know what they meant...especially on a holiday weekend. TGIF!

1 comment:

  1. Miki...Be encouraged! My doctot put me on the atkins for awhile just to break my carb addiction and I've lost 5lbs since Monday. Now..it was SO hard, my body went through serious withdrawls...mood swings, hungry every 5 seconds...you name it, I felt it. Then day 4 came...it was like I was a new person! My body felt great, my desire for carbs was almost gone...almost. :) I'm on day 5 right now and I can't get over how good I feel. I know it's not for everyone, but I've tried everything but this because carbs were controlling me and I wasn't willing to try because it seemed to hard. Well...it is hard but WE are MORE than conquerors!!! Love you lady, I'm here to encourage! I've been absent from blogging but I'm going to start back up.. soperfectlyimperfect.wordpress.com
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note... I love the encouragement!