Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sparrow? Me? yeah right!

Luke 12:6-7 "What's the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries."

Do sometimes you feel like me and think....why, would I matter that much to God? Has He forgotten me? Does He hear me when I call? How does he answer? When does he answer? Why does he not answer? I have spent many years wondering what the answers were to these questions and others. I know that He does answer when we call.... it may not be the answer we want to hear..but He does answer all our cries. God has been listening.... to us all. He loves us each individual, all our faults and weaknesses. He knows exactly what we need to make us healthy. He knows what the desire is even before we do...to get healthy and stay that way.

Today, I was watching one of the Doctor shows on TV.... He challenged everyone watching to just drop 10 lbs. He chatted with the audience about what all the good outcomes if they would just do something to loose the 10lbs. The laws of the land where....

1. No more sugary drinks.
2. No snacks bigger than your fist.
3. No eating after 8pm...or 3 hours before you go to bed.
4. Keep moving.
5. Track your weight daily.

I think all of those are a good start! I have done some of these....and some more. He had a panel of experts, and each one had reasons for each thing. Each one had a reason that America's average weight has gone up 20lbs. in the past 10 years.

1. High fructose corn syrup.... in everything! Addictive!
2. Portion Control-that's a given....at least half any restaurant portion.
3. In-activity!
4. Addiction- use food as a drug.
5. Eat REAL food.
It all comes back to addiction... What we allow our bodies to crave and what we allow it to eat. WE ARE WHAT WE EAT!

1 comment:

  1. You are on track, girl! Ron and I have been so discouraged with our weight and determined to do something about it. Your lists above are good steps to take. Little changes can add up. Everything in your blog entry is on target---keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note... I love the encouragement!