Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tag your it!

Tags, we all wear them, some proudly, and some not so proudly. We like to think we keep some in our pockets and only share them with a chosen few... Problem is when those tags get to be so many shoved in there, that they all just start showing anyway. We are only fooling ourselves if we think others can't see what we are trying so despartely to hide. I think it is amazing what we tag ourselves with....some are okay, I guess. What tag I display first is,unfortunately that, -I am overweight. If you can get passed that.... the next tag is- I have a nice smile and if you look a little further you might see one that says that- I am 40ish, or that- I have a fun hair cut (Thank you Aunt Mary and Diane for keeping me coiffured), or one stating that- I try to wear my make-up well (a child of the 80's) and another that says- I am a Christian. -I dress a little trendy sometimes.-I am still not over my parents divorce (20+ years ago) and -I like the color purple (my toes are always painted purple!). Those are just a few of the millions I wear. What ones do you wear?

I like to think I am more than just what tags I display on the outside. If you are my friend you know the real me. You have spent time getting to know the Miki in REAL LIFE.  As I have said, I started a new job this week...and traveled many of the long narrow passages of my new cube land. I would pass people and smile politely and say "Hello!"  Sometimes, it was returned and others saw me as invisible or tagged me as such- not worthy of a simple hello. When that happens, I always blame my weight. I most likely shouldn't- but, I do. I am sure that there are just as many thin people that never have their "hello's" returned either, but, as an overweight kid and then teen, I was made fun of -teased and ridiculed by a few mean people throughout my school days and after. I really don't care if someone makes fun of me-anymore, but, I will stick up for someone else in a second. I have gotten tuffer in my old age to the teasing and bullying that I faced back then. One of my tormentors in grade school, made up a song that he would sing to me whenever he could.... I of course, remember it well, because over the years I have played it over and over to myself in my head... I am sure he doesn't know what seeds of self hate he planted all those years ago...  I don't even remember his name...but the song stuck with me. Here it is, "Hey Fattie, Hey Fattie, what a way to grow!, Hey Fattie, Hey Fattie, what a way to grow!" this was usually followed by, "Watch out! You don't want her to sit on you!" or one of other numerous statements. That was the bully of 5th and 6th grade. He went to a different middle school- thank God! I heard that he had to go through 7th grade a few years in a row. God's paybacks are much better than our own. Maybe he is in the music industry these days? He didn't take the time to get to know the real me....he just saw one tag on the outside.


Tags, everybodies got them....big and small, short and tall.... Are we all not just human beings? Gods creations.

I was having lunch at restaurant the other day and... I tagged our waitress immediately. 40 something, tuff, taking care of herself -her way, waitress. She may have not been any of those things...I was her judge and jury....I assessed her and tagged her just by how she looked. It was all in the persona she displayed for the rest of the world to see. I was doing just what others do to me... is that wrong? Yes! There are 2 sides to examine on this coin....First, what do we display to others? Are we putting out there the image that we would like the world to see? And secondly, are we judging others by the image that we see and not the heart within? God looks to the heart. If we have Jesus- He sees us as whole and clean through the blood that His son shed for us. It is His desire that we all come to know Him. Don't assess and not share God's love with someone just because of the tags you have given them.

God loves you just as you are....we see all the muck and mess that we have gone through or are still in and God sees us as His precious creation...He desires to know you more. God is not mad at you!  It is so refreshing to feel His presence in your life. If you don't know what this is like.... Ask Him, say this-

God- I know I have messed up. I want to know you and have your presence in my life everyday. I want to see through your eyes how precious your creation is around me. I can do nothing on my own power to earn your love and forgiveness. I accept that you want me to give my life over to you... to share your love with the world around me. From here on out-help me to gain wisdom, give me the knowledge to know truth, lead my feet, guide my hands and fill my heart with your love. Let me impact the world for you! Let me love others as you love them. Give me your compassion toward them. You are my ultimate authority. Thank you for sending your son, Jesus to die that I might live! I want to see you in heaven- earth is now my temporary home!

I prayed that prayer with you.... I need it everyday....as the bumper sticker says: I'm not perfect- Just forgiven. It's true..... show that same compassion for those around you. If you meant what was written here...pick up a bible...start reading it. Start in the book of John or Luke. Those books are in the mid to back of the bible. They are called the gospels and give an account of Jesus's life while he was here on earth. Study His love. Find someone to ask questions too.... someone to pray for you. Someone whom you can tell by how they live... they love God. Don't get caught up in the docturine of men. Read His word. It's foundational truth.

Share with a friend-
Tag your it!
Miki