Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Are you a "Leading Lady" in your own life?

I was on vacation last week and some very dear friends-whom I love and respect their opinion, basically told me... In the most recent past, I have not been looking or acting like the "Super Star" that they have known me to be. They both have known me for many years and know my style, personality, the standards that I hold myself too and others around me... And well... Feet to the flame- lovingly told me it's time to step it up! I love that... Do you have friends like that? Ones that know you better than you do? I know I haven't been getting my hair done and I haven't really made sure to get myself something new lately...or plucked my bushy eyebrows (I thought the Brooke Shields look was coming back?) So, I have a new do, new eyebrows and a new attitude! I am starting a new job tomorrow and needed to get myself back in order to bring out the best me that I can.

There was a movie called "Holiday" staring the girl from Titanic and she is befriending an old man who is a retired movie writter and he tells her... In the movies there is all ways a leading lady and a best friend... You my dear are a leading lady acting like a best friend in the movie of your own life... You need to get back to being the leading lady- If you can't star in your own life... Someone else will!

I love that.... Ladies we are all leading ladies and best friends.... It's up to us to make sure that we are the "Super Star" in our everyday lives.

We as women need to also be that "best friend" to other ladies around us... Be that friend who can loving support another by saying, "it's time to step up and be the leading lady!"

Love and kisses or as they say in North Carolina-
Hogs and Fishes!

Miki as herself!