Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Road Trippin'

Me and one of my best girlfriends headed out today on an adventure....halfway across the country. We are headed to visit some of my other best girlfriends and the family in Charlotte, NC. We headed  out at 7:30 am and spent a beautiful day in the car.... the trees are at peak fall color and as we hit the start of the Smoky Mountains...it is beautiful! We have stopped in Knoxville, TN for the nite and then we are headed out in the morning to Ashville, NC to see the Builtmore Mansion. I have never been there but, my friend Vicky got engaged there a few years back... WE are going to take some pics and I will post some tomorrow night. We plan on having lunch there and just sight seeing and then heading into Charlotte before dark.

We were having breakfast this morning and saw this couple.... they were complete opposites visually. They were likely in there early seventies. He was a nicely dressed cowboy about 6'8" with a black hat on and she was maybe 4'6" and both were dressed in the same colors and looked like they had been together forever. Do you ever wonder how God puts people together? What attracts people to one another? Love? Why do we prefer what we do? Even in friendships? I have many great friends. I am so blessed for each of them being in my life. Vicky and I have known each other since I was 23..so about 19 years and we have been through it together. Isn't it nice to have that feeling of knowing someone that well. What if our relationship with God was just like that? Think about the person in your life that knows you through and through..... God knows you well enough to count the hairs on your head.... That's beyond our understanding... or at least mine.  I want to know Him better... everyday.

Keep an eye her for pix...

Happy Trails!