Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Picture Perfect!

Have you ever said to someone, "Don't get ME in the picture!" or "Only shoot me from here up!" or "No-please, I don't have any make-up on!" Hm mm??? I have said these plus...or, I have made sure that I was the one behind the camera and not in front of it. Is either one of these you? I have gone so far as to load the pictures on my computer and photo shop them until I didn't even look like myself. What does this say about us? me? It says that somewhere along the line somebody told us that we should/could- "fix ourselves" before we get our picture taken. Fix ourselves? How? Why? Just so Mom will get a good picture of us from school? So that we look fake and posed? YEP! If you are like me....we would get the school pictures back and my Mom and or Dad would say...either..."You smiled good" or "That's a fake smile!" I promise - I tried to mean it....but, I guess I didn't.

I have come to the realization that, I look better in a picture that's less posed and more just taken whenever...it's "Miki is real life!" My husband loves to take pictures of me with my hair in various dis-a-ray. He thinks it's cute and I am just goofy enough to comply.

I have a few friends that are fabulous photographers... but, one wrote this in his blog and I thought it was so beautifully profound and well worded. That, I asked if I could share it here. Check out his site while you are there. http://jharderphotography.blogspot.com/2010/10/pretty-please.html , I told him that he needs to give this statement to everyone he photographs. We should all follow his lead... Memories are important. Keep the GOOD ones and hold them preciously in your grasp, they make us who we are today and shape our future.