Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Bacon and Fried Chicken are Evil!

Just the smell of the kitchen makes you hungry.... I am always amazed at how our bodies work. Why when we think of the warmth of home do we always think of the best things Mom fixed for us.....

The smells and tastes and textures of home...I am craving a huge BLT on toast with a home grown tomato...RIGHT NOW!!!!  The bacon would smell so gooood when you walked in the door and it was fried up perfectly so crisp and so delectable... YUM! Not to mention fried chicken....so tender inside...so wonderful crispy outside...fried to perfection. - Did you notice...fried, fried, fried.....Why do we love things that are bad for us? Maybe it's not that they are bad for us all the time...if we have them in moderation then we would be okay with what ever we wanted...right?  But, for a drug, sex, or alcohol addict they have to walk away completely... cold turkey- no turning back. I can't do that with food. So, there are certain things that I can say I will stay away from completely for this time of change.

1. Soda
2. White bread
3. Refined Sugars
4. and this is a tough one.... bacon.
5. Fried anything.

It's a start... it is my commitment to myself to start with these and add onto this list.

Here are some to add to the list to get more of:

A favorite cotton quilt- that has been washed a hundred times and is so soft it feels like velvet on your skin...and of course smells Downy fresh!
Enjoy the way the cold floor feels on your tired feet after you take your shoes and socks off after a long day on your feet. Refreshing.
A hug from a parent... I think some people just know how to express love thru a hug....you feel it with your whole being. Love you- Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note... I love the encouragement!