Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

They are Hitched!

Oh what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day! The sun popped out of the clouds in the grand city of London, just as the soon to be Duchess of Cambridge exited the long black car with her proud Poppa this morning. Wow! Fairy Tails can come true- they can happen to you...... Oh, can you tell... I am a Royal Wedding Geek! The weddings- just don't happen often enough. Anyone who got up early, like I did to watch the events unfold could tell you- It was GRAND!

Here is an insight to my GEEKY night of prep-
  1. Made paper hats for Dan, Smudge and I to wear to the event! You had to wear a hat- It was on the list of instructions from the Queen.
  2. Researched all that was important info on events of the day.
  3. Set my alarm for 2 am Central time....so, I could see all the guest arrive.
  4. After the guest arrived (Love the hats!) and Wills and Harry got there- I had 1 hour before The Wedding to make breakfast and get Dan up to watch it with me.
  5. Watch the wedding- putting all updates on Face book- Including songs.... it was a wonderful wedding!
  6. Cried during the vows.
  7. Watched for the kiss on the balcony.
  8. NAP!
  9. Dan giving his blessing of the new couple
    Me enjoying a spot of tea
  10. Write on my blog what a geek I am! :)

So, you all now know my madness.... Like I could have hidden it anyway! I do always look for the brightest spot to focus on. Usually?!? This was a wonderful distraction to our lives for just a moment. I know we look back on times like these as bench marks for where we are in our lives and what events have happened around them. I have to get back to reality and the terrible tornadoes last week that happened on Good Friday (which happened to be my birthday) in the St. Louis area...so many lives were uprooted, but, none were lost. Praise God! I, unfortunately, cannot say the same for the tornadoes in Alabama and surrounding states early this week. So many lives lost.... it is a terrible loss. I know that God can use it for our good, for them that love Him. I pray for the families that are here to survive all this destruction. I don't know why it happened. I can tell you that the God I know is a merciful God. Somethings we just will not have the answers to this side of heaven.

Take the time to call a person who means the world to you today and tell them- You love them, that they are special to you and that you are their fan (or Geek in my case)!

Blessings-
Miki
The Reverend Eugene Smudge