Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Sing, sing a song...make it simple, to last your whole life long....

Don't worry if it's not good enough for anyone else to hear....Just Sing....sing a song... La la la la Laaa, la La, la la la la....

Our life- in song.... Who cares what others think! It's our song! It can be good, cheesy, bad, short, long, simple or complex! If it makes you feel good sing it.

I am a person who loves music, songs, melodies, and lyrics. The poetry of a song, some tell a story, some are just for fun- to make us feel good! James Brown- "I FEEL GOOD!" What a feeling right song! If you are anything like me, I have used music in my life to play along with my moods and my feelings about the world at that time in the history of the world. My place holders in time. Songs like- Bonnie Rates- "I can't make you love me" - hit me in the heart many times.... It can still make me cry.... Vesta- "Congratulations" -Oh my, I have sung that song at the top of my lungs with my windows down a few times! Oh the emotional times I put myself through for Love...or so I thought.  Love is grand. Life is good.... add a little salt and pepper and there it is.... Enjoy it.

In dealing with ageing parents- as of late..."When I am 64"- Beatles...sorry (focus) I have had people around me tell me lately that- "I sure am taking it well!" What life throws at you, sometimes is not your ideal choices.... (after all I am in my pj's at 1:30pm today) I know that God has a plan, He is in control, He knows what the future holds for me, and I know He will work things out for my good. Sometimes, I get cranky.... and my Hunny feels the brunt of it.... (I know it's hard to believe) but, he is sweet and knows that I am dealing with things the best way I can....I hope to be a help to him through all this stuff.  His mom was recently diagnosed with dementia and it has been a challenge- to say the least. Daily trips to her new assisted/senior apartment. Trying to make sure that she is taken care of everyday- eating, laundry, bathing...etc...  Plus, work, church, church, and my parents. It's a lot.

So call it denial, call it slap happy, maybe it is my second wind- which reminds me---- Sing, Sing a song..... sing out LOUD, sing out STRONG!!!!!!

oxoxo,
miki